“Barbara will take you out of your comfort zone to achieve goals you never thought imaginable. She has a confidence in you that exceeds the confidence you have in yourself.” *
Barbara Kaplan founded BSK Strategies in 2005. She works with individual lawyers as well as small and mid-size firms to increase revenue and client retention.
Barbara’s work focuses on:
- Creating customized business development training and coaching programs to meet individual and firm-wide practice goals
- Succession planning, including establishing future vision, determining strategies and goals, and developing action plans and benchmarks
- Building relationships in an increasingly disruptive economy
- Adapting to the millennial marketplace
- Facilitating workshops and retreats on a variety of topics
- Persuasive writing for web, social media, blogs and print
- Developing and implementing firm-wide strategic marketing plans
- Law school programs on networking and client development to help law students stand out early in their careers
Prior to founding BSK Strategies, Barbara held senior-level marketing and business development roles at a global AmLaw 100 firm, a mid-Atlantic regional firm and an insurance defense firm. She helped them build their brands, target and win higher value clients, establish thought leadership and develop innovative strategies to distinguish themselves in a competitive marketplace.
Barbara serves on the Steering Committee of the Delaware Valley Law Firm Marketing Group and is a member of the Legal Marketing Association and the Law Practice Management section of the American Bar Association. She co-founded The Lawyer Transition Group that provided programs, guidance and services to lawyers in career transition. Barbara speaks and writes frequently on law firm marketing.
She received her MBA in marketing from Northwestern University’s J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, her BA from Boston University and holds a certificate in French studies from the Université de Poitiers in Poitiers, France.
Barbara is an accomplished pianist and enjoys concerts, theater and weekend farmers’ markets.
*Partner in a mid-sized corporate firm.
Click here for printable version of profile.